Re: [xsl] Grouping / unique list with just XPath

Subject: Re: [xsl] Grouping / unique list with just XPath
From: Alexander Johannesen <alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:56:21 +1100
Hi,

On 11/18/05, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't really understand why you can't use keys. You indicated you
> could use the another suggested method

It's not that I can't, but I don't see the advantage in the way I read
external XML files and deal with them. First of all, it's a recursive
template that reads XML files of various schemas, so to do this with
key I need one key-set for each schema combination I want to handle.
Given that the keys are defined in the root xsl element, I need to
define about 10 different key-sets, and still have to switch between
them.

The only reason I (thought I) needed keys was because I wrongfully
thought about using keys to group the contents into unique lists. I
just stared at that solution so long so that I forgot to actually look
elsewhere for a simpler solution, that's all.

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert