Re: [xsl] get child tag value

Subject: Re: [xsl] get child tag value
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:29:40 GMT
your question is very unclear and hidden in comments in the code. It's
better to post well formed (but small) examples so that people can
actually run and edit them if they wish.

It isn't at all clear why you are using named templates with parameters,
as the usual answer to

> Since the child to <dataType> varies I am not sure how I can accomplish this.

is just to use
<xsl:apply-templates/>
and have

<xsl:template match="long">...

and similar templates for any other dataypes that you may have.

I can't tell from your description if this is what you need in this
case, but it probably is.

David

http://www.star.net.uk