Re: [xsl] wordml to docbook

Subject: Re: [xsl] wordml to docbook
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 12:39:23 -0600
Are you getting the WordML document from Word or from some other process?
If someone is saving Word documents as WordML that you must then process,
you should be getting wx:sect and wx:sub-section elements, which you can
use for grouping. The wx:sect and wx:sub-section elements enable grouping
because Word inserts them at each level of heading (rather than with each
and every heading), something like this:

<wx:sect>
  <wx:sub-section>
    <w:p>
      <w:pPr>
        <w:pStyle w:val="Heading1"/>
      </w:pPr>
      <!-- more elements here -->
    </w:p>
    <w:p>
      <w:pPr>
        <w:pStyle w:val="Heading1"/>
      </w:pPr>
      <!-- more elements here -->
    </w:p>
    <wx:sub-section>
      <w:p>
        <w:pPr>
          <w:pStyle w:val="Heading2"/>
        </w:pPr>
        <!-- more elements here -->
      </w:p>
      <w:p>
        <w:pPr>
          <w:pStyle w:val="Heading2"/>
        </w:pPr>
        <!-- more elements here -->
      </w:p>
    </wx:sub-section>
  </wx:sub-section>
</wx:sect>

So, assuming that you are getting the wx:sub-section elements, you can use
them to identify the groups of headings (and other paragraphs that go with
the headings, of course).

If you are not getting the wx:sub-section elements, then you have a fairly
normal grouping problem, to which you can find solutions in Dave Pawson's
FAQ and Jeni Tennison's web site.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

"Silvia Liberto" <SLiberto@xxxxxx>
12/06/2005 11:13 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [xsl] wordml to docbook

> Your input format has something like this (simplified)

> blah
> blah
>
> correct?
yes you are right!
i can transform all the elements inside of <p>...</p>
and i can create the sect1 but my problem is now,
if style="level1" i create <sect1> and all elemets which are
inside of this <p>-tag shoud be inside.When the style"level2" comes
i want to open a <sect2> inside of <sect1> and all elements of
this <p>-tag with level2 should be inside and so one...and this
opening of <sect2> without closing <sect1> is my problem!

i don4t know where of my templates i have to step in that the rest
of the element of a certain level of <p> gets inside!?

i want this:
<sect1>
   <title>1</title>
   blabla