RE: [xsl] Re-work "main" template output?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re-work "main" template output?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:48:20 -0000
> What I'd like to be able to do is allow the "main" template to
> apply-templates as normal, but then capture the output and pass that
> through another template so that I can re-write urls to add session
> information.
>
> Can this be done? If so, how?

Yes, it's a classic technique. I like Wendell's name for it,
"micropipelining". See

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200511/msg00121.html

When used with XSLT 1.0, it needs the vendor-specific xx:node-set()
extension function to convert the result-tree-fragment created by one phase
of processing into the node-set needed as input to the next.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/