Re: [xsl] level of the next node

Subject: Re: [xsl] level of the next node
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 11:26:38 -0600
On 12/9/05, Silvia Liberto <SLiberto@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The variable next_level dosen4t contain the number of the next level. Can
> someone give me a tip where the problem is?

Nope, but I can give you this advice: normalize the input.  I've done
this on occasion when working with Office XML documents or other
unusual formats.  Typically I drop out namespaces that won't be in the
final doc and make tag names a bit clearer.  I also typically flatten
the structure a bit using some simple grouping.  Makes it easier to
review the document and make further transforms.  Those better with
XSLT/XML might disagree with this advice though, since it does add
another layer.

Jon Gorman