Re: [xsl] JDK 5 XSLTC handling of namespace prefixes

Subject: Re: [xsl] JDK 5 XSLTC handling of namespace prefixes
From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:11:22 +0100
drkm wrote:
Julian Reschke wrote:

Because the whole point of the stylesheet is to get rid of prefixes, because their output is used to compare test results (where prefixes
are irrelevant).

If I understand, you want to compare two XML documents (with diff(1) or similar), so you want to strip out the prefixes. IMHO, there are a lot of XML caracteristics that make it unusable with diff(1) (withespaces, namespaces, character entities, etc.).

That's why I am running them through a normalization step (sigh).