RE: [xsl] JDK 5 XSLTC handling of namespace prefixes

Subject: RE: [xsl] JDK 5 XSLTC handling of namespace prefixes
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 19:05:19 -0000
> To clarify: I'm fully aware of I *could* do this. What I am
> interested
> in are pointers about why the approach I've been using with
> other XSLT
> engines doesn't work with Sun's XSLTC.

I think you pointed out yourself that the XSLT 1.0 spec says that the
processor *may* make use of the prefix in the supplied "name" attribute, but
that it isn't required to do so.

The XSLT 2.0 specification is more prescriptive. It says that the processor
*must* make use of the supplied prefix, or absence of a prefix, unless there
is a conflict that makes this impossible.

So I think the answer is: use an XSLT 2.0 processor.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/