Re: [xsl] Date Difference

Subject: Re: [xsl] Date Difference
From: thomas.maciejewski@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:28:16 -0500
would something like this work?

                  <xsl:variable name="todays-date"
select="/xmlReportOutput/transactionDate"/>
                  <xsl:variable name="date-diff"
select="xsl:dateTime(saxon:evaluate($idxSettleDate) ) -
xsl:dateTime(xsl:date(sgfr:StringToDateFormat($todaysDate) ))"/>

Tom Maciejewski
Sociiti Ginirale
Information Technology
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
Tel. (212) 278-7103
Cell. (917) 690-9541

                      andrew welch
                      <andrew.j.welch@g        To:
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      mail.com>                cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [xsl] Date
Difference
                      12/19/2005 01:34
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      xsl-list

On 12/19/05, thomas.maciejewski@xxxxxxxxx <thomas.maciejewski@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Is there an easy way to do a date difference in XSLT.
>
> I basically have two strings :   "9/11/2004"  and "10/25/2005"
> and would like to produce the number of days between the two.

In 2.0 you can use the various duration functions (google for
xdt:dayTimeDuration).  If you are limited to 1.0, the you can use the
exslt:date package: http://www.exslt.org/date/index.html.

cheers
andrew

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.