Re: [xsl] Finding the position of an ancestor

Subject: Re: [xsl] Finding the position of an ancestor
From: Kamal Bhatt <kbhatt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:22:18 +1100
Not too sure what you mean. As I understand it, if you have a template match for Step, if will give you position of Step in relation to node set you selected. If you select all Step values anywhere //Step
you will probably get the position of the Step values as they appear in the nodeset (I think). If someone could confirm this for me, it would be very helpful.

So, to answer your question, I think it depends on how you call the template match for Step.

Nicholas Orr wrote:

Thanks Kamal,

Yes, that was something I thought of, but hadn't tried yet. The only issue is that if there are multiple <script> elements, does the position reset each time so that it starts again at 1 for each new group of <Step> elements?

Nick