Re: [xsl] JDK 5 XSLTC handling of namespace prefixes

Subject: Re: [xsl] JDK 5 XSLTC handling of namespace prefixes
From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:54:59 +0100
drkm wrote:
Julian Reschke wrote:

"This method will monitor all namespace declarations and make
sure that no unnecessary declarations are output"

Seems the current implementation fails to do that...

If I remember your problem, you want that a namespace you're using become the default namespace in the output. Where is an "unnecessary namespace declaration" ?

It's unnecessary if there isn't anything in source XML or XSLT that suggests that a prefix is needed, but the engine insists of adding useless prefixes such as "ns00" (so, I should have said unnecessary namespace prefixes).

Best regards, Julian