Re: [xsl] Different output encoding from same XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Different output encoding from same XSL
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:35:49 +0200
Hi Bijo,

The redirect extension does not allow setting different output format parameters, if you look into the source code there is a comment about that:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xalan/java/src/org/apache/xalan/lib/Redirect.java?view=markup
// This should be worked on so that the output format can be
// defined by a first child of the redirect element.
OutputProperties format = transformer.getOutputFormat();

I would recommend using XSLT 2.0 where you can use the result-document/@encoding to specify the encoding for each document that you write.
Also Saxon 6 has an extension saxon:output that allows you to specify the encoding.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Bijo Alex Thomas wrote:
Hi,

I am using Xalan 2.5.2 and XSLT 1.0.

I use the xalan:write extension to generate multiple HTML as well as Text
outputs using a single XSL whose encoding is UTF-8. I need my HTML outputs
to have US-ASCII encoding and Text outputs to have UTF-8 encoding. Can
anybody give me directions on how to do it?

Regards,
Bijo

Bijo Alex Thomas
DSRC, 6, Smith Road, Chennai - 2