[xsl] Testing the value of a variable

Subject: [xsl] Testing the value of a variable
From: "Clare Birch" <clarebirch@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 08:56:49 -0500 (EST)
Hi all,

I am having some trouble with a stylesheet and was hoping you will be able to help.

I have an element with a value in that I want to test various parts of like the one below:

<command position="236">1B286C02003400</command>

In my stylesheet I have variables, one which will hold the entire value and the other that will take the part of the string that I am interested in:

<xsl:variable name="command" select="."/>
<xsl:variable name="A" select="substring($command, 11,2)"/>

Both of these appear to work as I would expect  $command returns 1B286C02003400 and $A returns 34.

So then I test A:

<xso:if test="'$A'='34'">
        <out>
            <xso:value-of select="Sets "/>
        </out>
</xso:if>

<xso:if test="A='34'">
        <out>
            <xso:value-of select="Sets "/>
        </out>
</xso:if>

Neither of these tests return true and I dont understand why. If anyone has any ideas Id be grateful,

Thanks
Clare

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com