Re: [xsl] extended xhtml attribute with namespace not bound

Subject: Re: [xsl] extended xhtml attribute with namespace not bound
From: Juergen Donnerstag <juergen.donnerstag@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 15:36:55 +0100
> Your XML is not well formed because the wicket prefix has no namespace
> declared, i.e. it's "not bound".
> This style of prefix declaration is often used in HTML, I'm not sure how
> valid it is, but it is not allowed in XML or XHTML. You need something like
> this:

>     xmlns:wicket=http://wicket.sourceforge.net
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; xml:lang="en" lang="en">
>
> I'm not sure if this will affect the standard wicket server-side processing
> though.

It is fine with wicket and I tried it already. Unfortunately it does
not make a difference. The error still occurs.

Are you saying that something like <span wicket:id="xx"> is not valid
xml/xhtml? It is not possible to use a none html attribute (like
wicket:id) inside a html tag? If that is true, do you know if it is
possible to "extend" the xhtml dtd or do I have to modify the original
xhtml dtd and add the wicket attribut definition?

Happy New Year to you too.

Juergen