Re: [xsl] ENTITY declaration

Subject: Re: [xsl] ENTITY declaration
From: Sebastian Tennant <sebyte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 22:32:45 +0000
George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>  so I must be doing something horribly wrong
>>
>> No, I think it's just that nxml mode doesn't read DTD syntax so
>> doesn't see your entity definition.
>
> nxml should work with an entity declaration without problems, the
> problem is that the entity declaration is wrong, as I said in my
> previous reply there is an equal instead of space in the entity
> declaration.

thanks all. it appears i'm not the only one that missed the equals
sign ;-) and nxml-mode is right once again! i've used various emacs
programming modes for quite some time now and i have to say nxml-mode
is up there with the best of them.

someone wondered why i want to use '&content;' in place of
<xsl:value-of select='.' />, especially given that i have nxml-mode's
autocompletion features to hand.  well, the main reason is that
visually it's a hundred times easier to spot.  you can tell at a
glance where the element content is being included, and secondly, it's
a less error prone sequence of letters to type.  even with nxml-mode
checking for validity as you type, and making use of it's
autocompletion features where possible, errors still creep in and are
hard to spot.  the one thing nxml-mode doesn't do is tell you exactly
where your document becomes invalid.

the main reason though is the visual one.

sdt