RE: [xsl] Fwd: Parsing Entities

Subject: RE: [xsl] Fwd: Parsing Entities
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:52:44 -0000
> Thanks that worked, sort of. Though this is somewhat our of the scope
> of this list the transformation works just fine in saxon but if I try
> it in Cocoon using Saxon (com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl) I get
> it wrapped in <?javax.xml.transform.disable-output-escaping > which is
> presumably something to do with the way it interacts with Cocoon.

That's something that typically happens if you use
disable-output-escaping="yes" in your stylesheet and then, rather than
serializing the output with an XSLT serializer, you send the output to a SAX
ContentHandler. The processing instruction is defined by JAXP for use in
these circumstances, but if the recipient doesn't handle it specially then
it will probably appear as such in the output.

But if you're using saxon:parse then I'm not sure why you're also using
d-o-e...?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/