RE: [xsl] trouble getting at node

Subject: RE: [xsl] trouble getting at node
From: "Haarman, Michael" <mhaarman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:45:27 -0600
> From: dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Thanks for the help. unfortuneately none of the example
> worked. I think it
> may be b/c the xml has a parent element above Item:

Right, make the top-level template match="/MPL/Item".

> Warning:  xsl:element : invalid name in jriver.php on line 16

This is your processor complaining about spaces in the element names in the
result tree.

> Also, I would actually like to rename the elements in the result tree,
> something like this:

As to renaming your elements, reordering them, etc, this is just what XSLT
is designed to do.

Substitute your desired names for {@Name}.  Write templates matching each
element explicitly to handle them differently.  Check the FAQ and the fine
tutorials.

HTH,

Mike Haarman,
XSL Developer,