RE: [xsl] Creating XPath2 functions:passing a set of nodes, what is the signature construction?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Creating XPath2 functions:passing a set of nodes, what is the signature construction?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:47:31 -0000
I would recommend that you define the argument as a sequence of doubles

as="xs:double*"

rather than as a sequence of nodes. If you call it supplying a sequence of
nodes, they will then automatically be atomized to yield the contained
doubles. If you declared it to require a sequence of nodes

as="node()*"

then you would be unnecessarily constrained in how you call the function.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/