RE: [xsl] Floating point precision error

Subject: RE: [xsl] Floating point precision error
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:45:48 -0000
> Michael, if you don't mind me asking, how do you explicitly
> set the precision? It's not something to do with xs:float() and
> xs:double() is it? I tried them out but it seems they're not
> supported.

XSLT 2.0 allows you to use xs:float(...) to get a value as a single
precision floating point number. (Why anyone wants to use 32-bit floats in
the 21st century is beyond me, but they're in XSLT because they're in schema
and they're in schema because they're in SQL...)

> Oh and as I mentioned, I only got this on SunOS. Would it have
> something to do with the OS?

You'll have to ask the Xalan folks about that.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/