RE: [xsl] xdt:yearMonthDuration eq xs:duration

Subject: RE: [xsl] xdt:yearMonthDuration eq xs:duration
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 03:33:20 -0000
Very good point. At one time we didn't allow an equality comparison between
durations, largely because of concerns about how it should be defined, given
the XML schema definition of a duration as a 6-tuple (is P1Y equal to
P12M?). In the end we did introduce this notion, partly to ensure that every
document is deep-equal to itself. I think you are right to observe that this
makes the equality operators on the subtypes redundant, and that it also
means equality between duration and one of its subtypes should be
well-defined.

Can I suggest you raise this on the W3C bugzilla?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/