RE: [xsl] Copy-of & New Namespace prefix

Subject: RE: [xsl] Copy-of & New Namespace prefix
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:53:36 -0000
xsl:copy-of will only create an exact copy. To create a modified copy, you
need to recursively walk the document modifying each element as necessary.
Something like this:

<xsl:template match="*">
  <xsl:element name="{local-name()}" namespace="(new namespace)">
    <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

Note also that you should be thinking in first of the expanded-name of the
elements (that is, their namespace URI and local-name) - the prefixes and
namespace declarations will follow.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/