[xsl] Is standalone for DTD only?

Subject: [xsl] Is standalone for DTD only?
From: "Jesper Tverskov" <jesper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 17:36:39 +0100
Hi list

I am not sure I understand the finer details of the standalone
pseudo-attribute in the XML declaration. As I read the XML Recommendation:

1) The standalone declaration is only or could only be relevant when a DTD
is used.

Even if there are some similarities between DTD and e.g. XML Schema, in the
last we can also declare default values for attributes, the standalone
pseudo-attribute is still only relevant when a DTD is used. This makes sense
(to me) since the definition of DTD is part of the XML Recommendation?

The XML processor knows nothing about other schema languages?

MS WORD 2003 when saving a document in wordprocessingML use
standalone="yes". Since wordML never use DTDs but XML Schema, the use of the
standalone pseudo-attribute is actually irrelevant?

Or what?

Best regards,
Jesper Tverskov