Re: [xsl] NCName:* or QName was expected

Subject: Re: [xsl] NCName:* or QName was expected
From: andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:37:49 +0000
On 2/9/06, Mikael Petterson (KI/EAB) <mikael.petterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to transform the xml I get the following error:
>
> A node test that matches either NCName:* or QName was expected.
>
> It complains about the folloing line in my xsl:
>
>  <xsl:with-param name="dataType" select="sequence/child::[2]"/>

        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You haven't selected a child node with "child::[2]".  You've specified
the "axis" child, but not selected any nodes on that axis.

You either need to specify the node you are interested in:

child::mynode[2]   (which can be rewritten as just mynode[2])

or select any node with *

child::*[2]

so it would be:

<xsl:with-param name="dataType" select="sequence/*[2]"/>

cheers
andrew