Re: [xsl] Remove node after testing for equality using value from external xml document

Subject: Re: [xsl] Remove node after testing for equality using value from external xml document
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:31:42 -0600
On 2/10/06, Evans, Martin Chf Tech <Martin.Evans934@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Jon,
>
> Thanks for being patient,I like the use of keys to identify the
> particular element value to do the transform. But the wild stab wasn't
> quite what I had in mind. I want to comment out complete nodes in the
> context xml file that have corresponding part no's in the lookup xml
> file.

Ah, typing a bit in a hurry (and I think confused myself with the part
number removed), but it's pretty easy to change the templates.

<xsl:template match="partno">

change this to be whatever the equivlent to hardware was. (Thread view
isn't joining them so I don't have a view of it)
ie
<xsl:template match="hardware" >

and change the key to
<xls:when "key('k', partno/@code,document('lookup.xml')) != ''">

'k', is the name of the key (I think, been a little while look at the faq)
partno/@code as the lookup
document('lookup.xml') is the source for the keying.

Jon Gorman