Re: [xsl] Stumped on XPath

Subject: Re: [xsl] Stumped on XPath
From: Spencer Tickner <spencertickner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:03:10 -0800
Hi Wendell and David,

Sorry I was out of town on a course. I do agree that the solution that
David suggested is cleaner, however it only works with the original
xml. Sorry if the second example was obscure, perhaps this demostrates
it better:

XML

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc>
 <manual>
 <sentence>This is a sentence with a reference<id ref="1"/> as an
inline element</sentence>
    <clause>This is a clause with inline elements <strong>
</manual>
<appendix>
 <refnote id="1">This is the first reference</refnote>
 </appendix>
 <appendix>
 <refnote id="2">This is the second reference</refnote>
<refnote id="3">This is the third reference</refnote>
</appendix>
<appendix>
	 <refnote id="4">This is the third reference</refnote>
 </appendix>
</doc>

Should produce:

inline element</p>
and</strong> a reference  (see Appendix C) </p>

But instead produces:

inline element</p>
and</strong> a reference  (see Appendix A) </p>

I'm sure it's something small I'm missing on my end. I do agree that
this would be a much better solution, so any thoughts would be
appreciated