[xsl] parameter default for xsl:function?

Subject: [xsl] parameter default for xsl:function?
From: Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:40:52 +0100
hi!

i'm playing around with xsl 2.0 atm, and i'm wondering: is it possible to define functions that operate on a node in such a way that they default to the current one if the parameter list is empty?

"current()" inside a function is not the way to do it, since saxon complains that there is no context item defined at this point, which sounds convincing ;)

i remember reading in the spec that both polymorphism and variable-length argument lists are not supported, but i wonder: how do the internal xpath 1.0 functions do it? e.g.:

name([<node>])

btw, xsl 2 is really a huge improvement, thanks a bunch to all contributors, and to dr. kay for the saxon implementation!

regards,

jC6rn

--
jC6rn nettingsmeier

home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/
http://spunk.dnsalias.org
phone://+49/201/491621

if you are a free (as in "free speech") software developer
and you happen to be travelling near my home, drop me a line
and come round for a free (as in "free beer") beer. :-D