[xsl] Unwanted namespace declaration in output

Subject: [xsl] Unwanted namespace declaration in output
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:00:01 -0500
My <xslt:stylesheet> has this namespace declaration:

I need this because I want to do some arithmetic with some parameters in this template:

<xsl:template match="name">
  <xsl:param name="current-reqs" as="xs:integer" />
  <xsl:param name="new-reqs" as="xs:integer" />
  <xsl:param name="deleted-reqs" as="xs:integer" />
 .... stuff goes here ...
</xsl:template>

but I don't want the namespace declaration to be repeated in my output.

Example:

 <changes xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>

When I add the "exclude-result-prefixes='xs'" attribute to my <xsl:stylesheet> element, instead of producing output I get this error:

"XTDE0700: No value supplied for required parameter"

Please, what I am missing?

--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email