RE: [xsl] Is letting the browser transform XML to XHTML using XSLT a good choice?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Is letting the browser transform XML to XHTML using XSLT a good choice?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:36:51 -0000
> So is it a good idea to rely on these three browsers'
> XSLT processor to do the transformation, or should I
> look into other tools? If yes, what are the tools that
> I should consider?

Unless you really need the interactivity that you can get from client-side
transformation, my choice would be to do it server-side. It avoids a lot of
hassle.

> And what's the best method of generating PDFs from
> these XML files?

Probably depends on the quality you're after. XSL-FO is the best way, but
not necessarily the cheapest (in license costs but more importantly in
skills acquisition costs).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/