Re: [xsl] External-graphic

Subject: Re: [xsl] External-graphic
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 06:40:17 -0500
At 2006-03-03 10:57 +0100, Tom.Fritz@xxxxxxxx wrote:
I am new to xsl and want to display an image in a pdf file. I am using
the following syntax in the stylesheet.

<fo:block text-align="center">
        <fo:external-graphic src="file:c/logo.jpg"  height="3cm"
width="3cm"/>
</fo:block>

Nothing happens. What could be the problem?

A couple of things jump out at me, first you are not using the correct syntax for the src= attribute (though some processors ignore the requirement to use the correct syntax); second the URL syntax for the local file system doesn't look correct either.

There are a number of variations of syntax for src= and I tell my students that the most reliable to use is:

src='url(" ..url.. ")'

Reviewing the syntax for URLs, single quotes are allowed while double quotes are not, thus the syntax above means that a transformation involving a valid URL entered by a user will not inadvertently create improperly-quoted strings.

If the filename is c:\logo.jpg, then I belive the correct URL syntax for this is:

file:///c:/logo.jpg

So, try:

<fo:external-graphic src='url("file:///c:/logo.jpg" height="3cm" width="3cm"/>

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses: Washington,DC 2006-03-13/17
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc