[xsl] Is this possible with XSL?

Subject: [xsl] Is this possible with XSL?
From: "Cindy Hunt" <Cindy.Hunt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:46:06 -0500
Hi-

I am having to do a bit of difficult programming work in my stylesheet that I
am trying to figure out if I can actually code this with XSL or if I should
try to call a Java extension to do this instead. We have an empty element
called <columnRuler> that has two attributes to denote the starting number and
ending number of this ruler. This ends up generating a monospace sequence of
characters. We sometimes use this above monspace code samples to denote what
column something occurs in.

Here is what is looks like if the element looked like <columnRuler