Re: [xsl] when to use 'as' attribute on a variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] when to use 'as' attribute on a variable
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:59:09 +0100 (CET)
tom tom wrote:

> So what advantage does document-node() give me over element(),
> node(), or item()??

  They're differents things.  Nodes are nodes in a tree, while items
are just items of a sequence.  Nodes can be text(), element(), etc.

> In XPath 1 <xsl:value-of select="node()"/> would return the
> value of the text nodes

  This constructs a text node whose the value is the textual value of
the selected nodeset (with a proper definition of "textual value").
Here, the nodeset contains the nodes attached to the context node.

  Regards,

--drkm

Nouveau : tiliphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Dicouvez les tarifs exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.
Tilichargez sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com