[xsl] plea for help...

Subject: [xsl] plea for help...
From: "Walter Torres" <walter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 16:45:28 -0600 (CST)
I just started a new job! (3 years unemployed is murder!)

We need to convert 4000 HTML files into XML (my concept to get them into
the later 20th!)

Well, now that I've sold the idea, I'm stumped on how to do it.

 1) convert HMTL into well formed HTML (many are not)
 2) convert well formed HTML into xHTML
 3) convert xHTML into XML
 4) create XSLTs to transpose XML back to HTML for page display

It's been a few years since I did XML/XSLT

If someone has a kind heart, and an the expereince, I'd like to talk about
the best way to convert these, and then built the XSLT to convert them
back to HML for display.

I'm reading Kays book (again), I'm playing with XML in PHP5, so I'm not a
complete novice on this, just a bit rusty.

Also, how do you deal with display characteristics in XML? Like BOLD and
ITALIC, or even BULLET LISTS (<ul><li>)

These files are magazine articles, so this kind of formatting needs to
stay, but the other display charateristics will be pulled off into the
XSLT.

Thanks

walter