[xsl] xsl:sort select question

Subject: [xsl] xsl:sort select question
From: "Alexander Johannesen" <alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:34:31 +1100
Hi,

In XSLT 1.0 the xsl:sort attribute 'select' states it's an expression
which includes variable bindings, so I assumed that ;

  <xsl:variable name="title" select="'title'" />
  <xsl:sort select="$title" />

would be equal to ;

  <xsl:sort select="title" />

given that the xsl:sort select attribute is converted to a string and
then used for evaluation. Yet my experiments don't work (first doesn't
work, second does), so what essential fact am I missing?

Regards,

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert