Re: [xsl] plea for help...

Subject: Re: [xsl] plea for help...
From: "Walter Torres" <walter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 23:20:09 -0600 (CST)
On Thu, March 9, 2006 5:10 pm, Wendell Piez wrote:
> Walter,
>

> At 03:36 PM 3/9/2006, you wrote:
>
>> After a lot of thought and mulling about, I thought I'd share what I
>> was thinking in regards to the "pure" XML I refered to earlier...
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>>

>> <article id="43467">
>> <status>in process</status>
>>

> [etc.]
>

>> or I was thinking about this for the </content> space...
>>
>> <content>
>> <title>Intro paragraph here.</title>
>> <sub-title>Main paragraph.</sub-title>
>> <![CDATA[all my xHTML goes in here]]>
>> </content>
>>

> Hint: if that CDATA marked section is an indicator that you plan to
> place "escaped" HTML -- don't do it. You'll regret it.

I only brought it up because this is what we do now to send our content to
a client.

I have no idea why it's done this way, and I'm told I can't ask their IT
anything on this either.  :/

> If you want to use HTML, go ahead and use it.

That's jus tit, I don't know if it should stay in HTML, or go "pure" XML
(as my prevos post gave an example of my concept)

> As for the modeling -- before you embark on this, I suggest you look
> into some of the industry-standard DTDs and schemas out there.

Thanks for the pointers.

I'll be looking at those in the morning

>> Or am I way over thinking this?
>
> Not necessarily. But it *is* off topic now....

OK, since this is "OT" where do I go so that this dicsussion in on-topic?

Thanks

Walter