[no subject]

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Stubsjoen [mailto:kstubs@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 March 2006 17:14
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [xsl] Advocate for C# .NET + 100% XSLT Processing

Hey Mark,
Thats great to hear that there are others striving for a similar
approach.  I know that David Peterson is (did you follow the below
link?).
Your points are well valid, I can relate to each of them.  Yes, the
calendar control is a quick and easy way to display a calendar, but
how easy is it to extend, scale (up or down), and style?
I have been coding this way HEAVY for about 3 years now, of course it
is just recently that I have switched to C# and .NET.  Previously it
was the marriage of ASP and XSLT.  By the way, here is a rant:

I can not stand the XML I am forced to work with as delivered from a
DataSet in ADO.NET.  It is almost useless!  Give me the traditional
persisted XML from the ADO recordset please.  (Hello Microsoft?)

This site:
www.meetscoresonline.com
Models:  ASP + XSLT

Start here (and enjoy!):
www.meetscoresonline.com/documents/default_t.xsl

I am an XSLT junky.. I get it.
I also get C# and .NET, and I too was a EXTREMELY heavy ASP developer
( Ref:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200309/msg00227.html )

This is mostly a shout out, and feel free to shout back.

Is there such sites dedicated to this approach?  Oh, I should mention
that, to qualify as a C# + 100% XSLT Processing member, you must vow
to never NEVER use the .NET design UI.  Strip it out!  Lose the page
wrapped in a FORM tag!  Say goodbye to the calendar control!  Besides
you can write a better one with XSLT!