RE: [xsl] Numbering and adding commas

Subject: RE: [xsl] Numbering and adding commas
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:34:30 -0000
Your code is:

<xsl:for-each select="answer">
    <xsl:if test="position() != last()">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>, <xsl:text/>
    </xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>

which means

for each answer, if it is not the last answer, process the answer and then
output a comma.

Clearly you want

for each answer, process the answer, and if it is not the last, output a
comma.

Just move the apply-templates out of the conditional.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/