Re: [xsl] Porting own template language to xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] Porting own template language to xslt
From: Nils Kaiser <NilsKaiser@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:18:19 +0100
Michael Kay schrieb:
I think that using xsl:for-each is the natural way to do this.

I toyed at one time with adding a construct such as

<xsl:with select="....">

that changes the context node without any iteration semantics, but it's
functionality that for-each already provides so it just seemed like
unnecessary baggage.
Well, to me it seems obvious to use for-each when you don't want any iteration. Of course it seems logical for-each for transforming structured data to html, where you want to make sury that every matching element is transformed. In our case we extract information from xhtml... and there it does make sense to have some kind of xsl:with element in order to jump to relevant regions of the DOM.