[xsl] FW: Output formatting

Subject: [xsl] FW: Output formatting
From: "Linda Burgess" <linda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:34:49 +0200
Hi list

We use Apache FOP 0.20.5 generating PDF (on Linux).  I have a couple of
problems:
1 - certain pages of the output should be printed from certain printer
trays (printing debtor invoices the first page for each debtor must be
printed on a letterhead).  How do I use printer escape codes in my
XSL-FO?
2 - we cannot figure out how to print to continuous stationery eg.
cheques.  If we set up the page-master the exact size of the cheque, it
prints landscape (height less than width?).  We also tried to set the
page-master size very, very big, but this then just prints the detail
very, very small.  Will it work if we use a A4 size page with no margins
- I am not very confident?  Should we change the output format to
something other than PDF?
3 - what constraints are there on output file size, before it will run
out of memory?  Can we assume, that with a reasonable amount of memory,
that we can generate a PDF-document of say 10 000 pages?  If not, what
options do we have?  Is there software that will string different
PDF-files together?  Will we be able to generate bigger files if the
output is in PCL?  At this stage, we cannot print barcodes with PCL
which poses a serious problem.

Thank you
Linda Burgess