[xsl] XSL-FO and XSD Information request

Subject: [xsl] XSL-FO and XSD Information request
From: Kamal Bhatt <kbhatt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:47:39 +1100
Hi
I am trying to convince my co-workers that having XML schemas and word docs is not necessary and that we should be encoding all information about our XML interfaces in XSD. I would like to use XSD to specify the schema information and let it format the word docs/pdfs/html etc. Is XSL-FO up to the task? Documentation includes generation of sample XML, information about constraints, names, etc. I could probably do this in XSL, but I suspect that someone else out there has tried this and could tell me how hard it is.

I know very little about XSL-FO, so if what I am suggesting is possible, where can I get more information about the actual tranformation from XML to formatted docs. That is, what tools actually format XML into word docs/pdfs/html . Also, if there is anyone out there familiar with cocoon, is it easy to do in cocoon (I would prefer not having two XSL's)?

Thanks.

--
Kamal Bhatt

-- Disclaimer: This email is confidential and may contain privileged information for the sole use of the person or business to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail or phone as you must not view, disseminate, distribute or copy this email without our consent. We do not accept any liability in connection with any computer virus, data corruption, incompleteness, or unauthorised amendment of this email. It is the sole responsibility of the receiver to scan for viruses before opening.