Re: [xsl] feasibility of HTML input

Subject: Re: [xsl] feasibility of HTML input
From: David Wright <dave-xsl@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:20:01 +0000 (GMT)
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006, didoss@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm new to the list and to xsl and xslt.

Me too, just about, so hi, and welcome.

Is this feasible,...worthwhile,...better done with another utility?

My team produces nightly JUnit reports and Emma coverage reports for our code.
I have added a task to copy off the top-level html pages for these results for historical purposes. I would like to be able to run a transform across the files in the respective directory (one transform for JUnit and one for Emma) to create summary files (probably comma delimited, to be able to pull into Excel).
The summary file could then be used to recognize and learn from trends in these results.

If this is feasible and worthwhile, and not better done with another utility, I
will send my current xsl and what I'm running into with it.

I'm a bit puzzled - a quick google suggests that it isn't hard to get both JUnit and Emma to produce XML reports, as well as HTML. You'd be much better off parsing that, than the user-friendly HTML. Is there a reason why you can't?

Cheers,
David Wright