Re: [xsl] xslt 2.0 regex and how to test it

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt 2.0 regex and how to test it
From: "Manfred Staudinger" <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 00:36:55 -0800
>         <xsl:value-of select="replace(., '\[[^\]]+\]', '')"/>
Thanks for your solution, works perfect.
Let me try to verbalize the regex (" for better readability): "\[[^\]]+\]"
the string starts with "[" and ends with "]": SingleCharEsc "\[" and "\]"
in between there is a charGroup: "[]"
with a quantifier "+" for one or more occurrences
the charGroup is a negcharGroup, as it starts with: "^"
it contains one character "]": SingleCharEsc "\]",
thus allowing for one or more characters which are not "]".

>> How do you recommend to test xslt regex? Is it possible to
>> to see what is actually matched?
>I'm not sure what you're looking for ...
I would prefer to try it out with an editor's find. To my surprise
your solution worked fine with SciTE. One difference I noted
was, that SciTE does not need the SingleCharEsc within the
charGroup.

Regards, Manfred