Re: [xsl] Un-cdata-section-elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Un-cdata-section-elements
From: "Alexander Johannesen" <alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:31:44 +1100
On 3/22/06, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there any reason why you need to generate xhtml rather than html?

Only because I wanted to be rad and cool and play with the other kool
standards kids. Seriously, though, I have a whole site in beautiful
valid XHTML 1.0 strict and I seriously feel reluctant to change all
that for a teeny bit of JS. Maybe I should just give that even manager
a try instead. :)

> If you generate XHTML pages you should use an xhtml mime type (eg
> application/html+xml) and only serve it to systems that understand xhtml
> (which rules out IE).

The '// CDATA' best-practice rule is of course inclusive of all
browsers, new and old, and I would have liked to play it that way. Oh
well.

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert