Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Fixed box to construct empty text-box or tick-box.

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Fixed box to construct empty text-box or tick-box.
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:46:15 -0500
At 2006-03-23 15:45 +0000, Lloyd Thompson wrote:
it would appear that for some reason Apache FOP will not let me ...

I'm sorry that I am unable to help with the capabilities of different tools.

Aside from the W3C spec for FO is there a site which provides a widely supported API like reference for FO elements?

I'm not sure what you mean by "API-like reference". We sell a PDF book (with perpetual free updates to new editions) from our web site, and in order to get the flavour of the material we offer a freely-downloadable excerpt that includes many summary references that you will probably find very helpful. The PDF books are full of hyperlinks within the PDF and outside to the W3C specification document itself. After downloading the free excerpt you may find that the complete book will suit your needs. Some companies and organizations (including the US Government) have already purchased world-wide rights to post copies of our two XSL PDF books on their intranets for unlimited access by their staff.

Also, there is training available. Expert companies such as Mulberry Technologies http://www.MulberryTech.com and ourselves, Crane Softwrights, offer lecture and hands-on training. We have scheduled a US delivery in June are in the process of planning UK deliveries in the near future.

I did manage to render fixed size boxes using SVG, however now my answer options appears next to the top of the box - how can I vertically align my answer text so it appears next to the box but centrally vertically aligned?

The default vertical alignment is the before edge, so you probably just need to specify display-align="center" to achieve what you want.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses: Washington,DC 2006-06-12/16
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc