[xsl] Target Namespace in XML breaks XSL transform

Subject: [xsl] Target Namespace in XML breaks XSL transform
From: "Allison Bloodworth" <abloodworth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:51:20 -0800
Hi,

When I specify a target namespace for the root element in my XSL document,

e.g. <Events xmlns="urn:cde.berkeley.edu:babl:events:1.00"
xsi:schemaLocation="urn:cde.berkeley.edu:babl:events:1.00 UCBEvents.xsd">

it appears that I then need to use a namespace prefix for every element from
that document referenced in my XSL transform.

So I can't do this:
<xsl:value-of select="Events/View/FormatCalendar/ShortName"/>

But instead have to do this:
<xsl:value-of select="ev:Events/ev:View/ev:FormatCalendar/ev:ShortName"/>

This is a huge stylesheet and there are three different stylesheets I'd have
to modify, so to do this MANY changes will have to be made. I need the
target namespace in my XML document if I want to validate it. Is there any
way around modifying all my XSLs?

Thanks!

Allison Bloodworth
Principal Administrative Analyst