Re: [xsl] xslt key used with a predicate of an xpath expression

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt key used with a predicate of an xpath expression
From: "Tim Lebo" <timleboxslt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 12:18:25 -0500
> "idref" is a relative path expression that means child::idref. The context
> node is a <color> element, so it looks for a child of the color element
> named idref, but there is none.

Would prepending 'current()' in front of 'idref' change the context
node from $colors/color back to the 'thing' node that it is
processing? I tried:

  <xsl:value-of select="concat('The @hex of that object means color ',

$colors/color[@hex=key('objects',current()/idref)/@hex],
                                ' (.)',$NL)"/>

To no avail. Probably because it doesn't address the second problem
you outline, but I'm not sure how to address that.

> Moreover, the key function searches the document containing the context
> node. But the color element is in a different document from the one you
want
> to search.

So the key is searching the the xsl document, while I want it to
search the input document? Is there a way to get it to search the
input document by using the $doc(key('objects',current()/idref) or
key('objects',current()/idref,$doc) constructs?

Thank you for your patience,

-Tim Lebo