[xsl] regex in csv2xml

Subject: [xsl] regex in csv2xml
From: "Jesper Tverskov" <jesper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:51:29 +0200
Hi list,

I am trying to make a csv2xml XSLT 2.0 stylesheet using the Excel csv format
as example:
If delimiter, newline or quotes are part of data the data is quoted, quotes
are doubled.

My last problem is that the newline character can be part of data. I would
like to detect thise newline characters and replace them temporarily with
some unique code.
But have can I detect them in the first place?

Look at the sample below, we have 3 records and 3 fields:

34,"""yes"", I said",46
25,"I said:
""Hello"", and I added: ""nice day, stranger""
and, ""look at the sun"" , and:
""bye for now.""",33
47,,35

Line 1 and 6 are records. We have an empty field in line 6.
But line 2, 3, 4, 5 are one record with three linefeeds and several commas
as part of data.

How can I detect with a regex, that the linefeeds at the end of line 2, 3
and 4 are part of data?
As I see it line 2 and 5 are the easy part, they will always have an uneven
number of quotes.
But the linefeeds in line 3 and 4 can only be detected as part of data if we
compare all the lines being part of a record?

Best regards,
Jesper Tverskov