Re: [xsl] XSL template "namespace" problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL template "namespace" problem
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:24:30 -0500
At 2006-03-29 09:08 -0500, Ian Bonnycastle wrote:
The above code parses correctly via xsltproc, but when put into IE, IE complains that "Toggle" can't find the p_ID of item "itemone", if that, for example, is the fname of one of the items in the XML file.

Whats going on here? If I parse out the above with xsltproc and save it to a file, IE is perfectly happy and can find everything fine.

I haven't looked at your particular use of XSLT, but when I am presented with this kind of evidence that a stylesheet works outside of IE but not inside, I use an outboard invocation of the IE DLL and examine the produced HTML. If that works, then I know it is internal to IE. Actually, even if it doesn't work the end result shows me how it isn't working in IE.

I often see your evidence of a stylesheet working outside of IE but not in. Note that I have determined that file name extensions impact a lot on IE behaviour. If I have an XSLT stylesheet with an embedded XSLT stylesheet association processing instruction (the mechanics of my embedded XSLT documentation), IE will successfully traverse hyperlinks if the XSLT stylesheet has the filename extension ".xml" but will not work if the filename extension is ".xsl" ... same file, only change is the filename extension. While IE does know it is XML (since it is respecting the PI), it still won't work with a ".xsl" named copy of the file.

Go to the free resources hyperlink on the right side of my home page linked below, and you will find the outboard MSXML environment in section 3.3 and the XSLT documentation environment in section 3.2. That reminds me, I haven't announced an update to that yet ... will do so momentarily.

I hope this helps.

--
Registration open for XSLT/XSL-FO training: Wash.,DC 2006-06-12/16
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc