RE: [xsl] xsl:apply-imports vs xsl:next-match

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:apply-imports vs xsl:next-match
From: "mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:28:40 -0500
I would always use xsl:next-match in preference. Treat apply-imports as
being retained for backwards compatibility.

Part of the logic when apply-imports was designed was that the person who
writes the stylesheet module containing the apply-imports call should be
able to predict which template is going to be called next, because it will
always be in the subtree imported by that module. xsl:next-match doesn't
have this feature. But I would still use xsl:next-match in preference.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/