Re: [xsl] MatTS, an alternate syntax for XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] MatTS, an alternate syntax for XSLT
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Apr 2006 17:33:48 +0100

    Michael> I find it mildly disappointing that you are still using
    Michael> long-winded names like "trackNbr" in your XML source
    Michael> documents, and that XPath function names still have
    Michael> long-winded names like, well, "name". Surely it's time we
    Michael> established a convention that all elements in user
    Michael> documents should be denoted by a single Kanji, and that
    Michael> function names should be written in Hebrew?

I think you are being unreasonable here:

1) Owing to han unification, it is impossible (in general) to
   distinguish between knaji and hanzi. Therefore validation would not
   be possible.
2) Since Hebrew is read backwards, it would be necessary to stand on
   your head in order to parse the XSLT. I suppose this is a valid
   transformation, but it is alittle hard on the casual user,
   especially for those of us who are not quite so agile as we were in
   our youth.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire