RE: [xsl] I18N / UTF-8 versus US-ASCII

Subject: RE: [xsl] I18N / UTF-8 versus US-ASCII
From: "Sangal, Amit (STSD)" <amit.sangal@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:33:17 +0530
1) If I save the file and open with IE6, I get following message

"An invalid character was found in text content"

2) I tried the URL sent by you and this URL do highlight the character
used in my test case.

3) I am using xalan and xerces.

Following is the code used for transformation.

			Transformer transformer =
tFactory.newTransformer(new
StreamSource(OVSNAdapterConfiguration.ovsnServiceXSLFile));
			String hostName = AdapterUtil.getHostAddress();
			transformer.setParameter("sourceName",	/*
parameter name */

hostName+"/"+dataSourceName /* parameter value */ );
			output = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
			byte[] bytes = message.getBytes();
			transformer.transform(new StreamSource(new
ByteArrayInputStream(bytes)), new StreamResult(output));

Do you see any problem with the code which can cause loss of Unicode?

Regards,
Amit