RE: [xsl] QName as attribute value: how to be sure the prefix will be bound?

Subject: RE: [xsl] QName as attribute value: how to be sure the prefix will be bound?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:19:08 +0100
It's a bit unlikely that your stylesheet will ever see the inside of a
schema validator, but yes, it's a reasonable objection that it's a bad idea
to use xsi:type as a literal attribute (perhaps there are XML editors that
would get upset by it). But changing it to use xsl:attribute leaves the
intent of the example intact, I think. An alternative would be to use a
namespace alias for "xsi".

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/